poster art

i'm not a big collector.  throughout my adult life i have always lived in ridiculously small apartments which never allowed me the luxury to own much, and i don't think that will be changing anytime soon.  but if i did collect anything it would be art.  sometimes i daydream of having my own museum behind my teeny cottage in the middle of silver lake.  not only would it be a place to display art, but it would also be a space for performances - poetry readings, music concerts, plays, film shoots, photo shoots - it would be my heaven!

since i can't have my museum in real life, i figured i would go ahead and build one right here on my blog.  so step on over and check out the first installment, my poster-art-meets-pop-culture favorites - unique designs, cool typography, paying homage to music & movies. love! 

{left-right} "sea legs" by the shins - artist i love dust;  "home" by edward sharpe & the magnetic zeros - artist numskull; "everything will be fine" by belle & sebastian - artist steph says hello.


from music philosophy, by artist mico:
{left-right} "on the radio" by regina spektor, "passing afternoon" by iron & wine, "no rain" by blind melon, "anyone else but you" by the moldy peaches, "to be surprised" by sondre lerche, "hurt" by nine inch nails {covered by johnny cash}, "electioneering" by radiohead, and "not dark yet" by bob dylan.


from artist jerod gibson:


and my personal favorite - great showdowns by artist scott campbell:
{left-right} titanic, flashdance, rocky horror picture show, babe, short circuit, and beetlejuice.

thanks for visiting my museum!

Popular posts from this blog

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.