gratitude

it's the end of another week! actually, with my odd-houred job, the end of my week is now saturday afternoons.  this has taken a bit of getting used to since i grew up in a religion that kept saturday as the sabbath.  even though i left that religion, i continued to keep that spiritual practice and it has been an interesting process to decide where i want to set my boundaries.  as sad as i was to lose my day devoted to loved ones and self-reflection, i'm thankful it happened because it helped me figure out what is most important to me {i'm not planning on working saturdays much longer}.

here are some other things i'm thankful for:
* serendipitously discovering a pretty bridge {the shakespeare bridge} tucked away in our neighborhood.
* everything working out perfectly with an event which i was totally anxious about.
* clearing out some stuff from our home {de-cluttering feels so good}.
* discovering this very cool and very helpful writing tool.
* that i found a job which pays me {i have to remember this is a good thing, even though it's not in my field}.
* that the mr.'s car was safe whilst parked out of sight on another street, and is now back outside our house {there are a lot of car jackings in our neighborhood}. 
* the sun coming out to play during our june gloom.
* finding this super cute dress at ruche, a perfect purchase with the last of my gift card money.



and here are some things which i'm looking forward to over the next week:
* getting to know my work program well enough to stop practicing every day.
* having the mister come home.
* the romantic date we're planning which will involve this film.
* hanging out with brandi one last time before she moves to NY {sniff!}.
* the free pasadena music festival {i love free! especially with great bands like these.}


and now i shall leave you with this ridiculously cheerful playlist to enjoy over the weekend.
happy friday!




what are you thankful for?

Popular posts from this blog

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.