Dance of the Trees

We've had rain, and then some rain, followed by more rain the last two days which made for a very soggy Saturday and Sunday.  We should have expected that, I suppose, because we had plans and hoped for sunny weather (you know, Murphy's Law and all that).  


On Saturday, my husband drove his van, and I drove my car to my son's apartment at his university.  In drenching, relentless downpours of rain, we loaded up both vehicles as full as was safe and reasonable to do so with my son's belongings.  He has just two more days of final exams, and then he will be done with what he needs to do there.  He still has an online class and an internship to complete at his job from home this summer, but after that, he will be graduating with his Bachelor's Degree in July.  


My husband made another trip with the van today.  It's amazing how much stuff one person can accumulate in nine months time!  My son will be home Tuesday night for a short two and a half months before he plans to move to Florida to begin his studies at graduate school.  We haven't yet figured out how we are getting his belongings to Florida, but we have to leap over one hurdle at a time around here.


Fortunately, I took the following pictures earlier in the week.  I'm sure the rains we've had the last two days have knocked many of the blossoms off the trees in these pictures.  First we had the triumphant yellows of the daffodils and the crocus and the forsythia to announce the arrival of spring.  This was followed by the white blossoms of the Bradford Pear trees and the trilliums and other ground cover flowers in the park, which bring to mind the newness and innocence of the season of spring, the time of new beginnings.


This past week the pink, red, violet, and lavender hues came bursting forth everywhere.  These colors always seem to be the most magical of all to me.  I anticipate the arrival of these the most. One minute the trees and shrubs are quiet, bare, dark sticks, and the next they are nearly shouting with the colors of joy.  If ever there is a time when trees leap and dance, it is when they are wearing these colors of spring.  The appearance of the blossoms on the crabapple trees, redbud trees, apple trees, lilacs, and more cause me to flit like a butterfly from one to the next with my camera, capturing and celebrating each one that I find.  In my version of heaven, in my mind's eye, I feel that there must be beautiful, flowering trees like these everywhere you look.












Those little green trees in front of the pink crabapple trees were covered with white blooms a short while ago.












Lilacs--can you smell them?


The apple tree blossoms are white tinged with a sweet, delicate pink


As the sun began to set, I noticed there were about a dozen buzzards high up in a nearby tree.  They seemed to be looking down in approval of all the colors bursting forth below them.  


Isaiah 55:12
   You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.



Popular posts from this blog

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.