Chickpea Salad


Chickpea Salad with Lemon, Parmigiano-Reggiano and Fresh Herbs
courtesy of Bon Appetit

Ingredients

1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, grated (or pressed)
1/3 cup (packed) freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Method

Combine rinsed and drained chickpeas, chopped fresh basil, chopped Italian parsley, fresh lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, and garlic in medium bowl. Add grated Parmesan cheese and toss gently to blend all ingredients thoroughly. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.

(Can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Serve salad chilled or at room temperature.)

NOTES

This is one of those dishes that my friend Amy calls a "duh recipe," as in, duh, why did I never think to put these things together? So true. I think of myself as a damn fine cook now, but my creativity level is still fairly low, which leads to a lot of forehead smacking when I see stuff like this. It's okay. I'm workin' on it.

A breeze to put together and easily doubled, tripled, etc., this bright, fresh salad is great as a side for outdoor picnics/barbecues or as a simple lunch for two (or *ahem* one really hungry person).

Popular posts from this blog

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.