A Piece of Poetic Pie

My boys were all home at the same time for a while last weekend, so I made a chocolate peanut butter truffle pie. (That link is for the recipe in case anyone wants to try it out.)  I took a picture of one of the pieces.  I had to be quick about it because it didn't stay around too long.  So I had this picture, but never got around to blogging about it.  


Then I read on JL Dodge's blog about a poetry challenge.  I decided I would attempt her poetry challenge and write a poem about that piece of pie.  She challenged her readers to write a monotetra.  You can read about what that is on her blog, JL Dodge Writes.  I don't know if I did this right, but this is my feeble attempt.   


I know, I know.  I cheated on the first line by adding an "s" to the word "call" which makes the rhyme not quite right at the end.  I'm also not sure I followed all the rules that were set forth in the challenge, but oh well, what's a broken rule here and there when it comes to poetry, right?  


I actually didn't follow all the rules when making the pie, either, come to think of it.  I put more chocolate on top than what the recipe called for because I had extra chocolate to use up and, well, because I could.  Those seemed like good enough reasons to me. I mean, can you have too much chocolate?  The boys didn't seem to mind. 


 So below is the picture and the poem.  If you'd like to try your hand at writing this type of poem and join the challenge, go visit JL Dodge's blog at the link I gave you earlier to see her example, which is MUCH better than mine, by the way.




Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie calls.
Total Sweetness!  Diet downfall.
Willpower gone.  I've hit a wall.
Whipped cream and all.  Whipped cream and all.


Popular posts from this blog

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.