Homemade Ricotta

The recipe for these cookies included a container of Ricotta. I knew I wanted to make the Ricotta instead because it is so easy and tastes so much better than store-bought.

The hardest part of making Ricotta is waiting for the milk to come to a simmer. Patience is not my middle name.

Here's what you do: Put 8 cups of whole milk into a large pan. Add one teaspoon of salt. When the milk is at the simmering point, add 3 tablespoons of lemon juice. Give it a stir and let it sit for two minutes while the curds form. Scoop the curds into a lined colander (I use clean, rinsed Handi Wipes) and let drain for 5 minutes. PRINT RECIPE

You might be interested in these recipes, too!

So easy...


Popular posts from this blog

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.