"When Did He Grow To Be So Tall?"

My husband and older son flew to Florida last week because my son had applied at Palm Beach Atlantic University there and had an interview scheduled with them.  I had to work at the library and my younger son had school, so we stayed at home with the pets.  The interview went very well, and they let him know the next day that he had been accepted.  He was (and still is) quite excited and happy.  


I thought I'd share some of the pictures they took while they were down there.  I left the pictures in the smaller size so as not to overwhelm anyone's browser, but you can click on any to enlarge them if you wish.  Of course, while they were there, they spent a little time on the beach and saw a few sights.


They wanted me to see what the temperatures were there.















Thumbs up!  The interview went well.  Time for a break.






A silly pose for the camera--I have no idea where he gets that from!

Oh yeah, now I remember where he gets that from.



This is me, the smiling and very proud mom, of course.  My son has worked very hard to be where he is.  He has been carrying a double major in psychology and sociology and going to school year around so that he will graduate this summer after three years in college instead of stretching it to four as most do.  After graduate school, he would like to be a counselor at the college level and help kids who have problems with substance abuse.  

I am very happy for him and very proud of him.  I am also worried and a little nervous about him being so far away from home to go to school, and I will readily admit I am rather sad about him being so far away also.  However, time marches on, doesn't it, no matter how much I sometimes wish I could make it stand still.

Popular posts from this blog

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.