Oven Roasted Ribs with Barbecue Sauce

Dry rub

Meaty!

Seasoned rack

After braising

Put on broiler pan

Barbecue sauce brushed on

Broiled and done

Eat!


Oven Roasted Ribs with Barbecue Sauce

Ingredients

1 slab pork ribs, about 2 pounds

Dry Rub

1/2 cup dark brown sugar, tightly packed
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1/2 tablespoon New Mexican chili powder
1/2 tablespoon Ancho chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg

Method

Make an aluminum foil boat for your ribs. Combine all seasonings, then sprinkle on rack of ribs, massaging it into the meat. Fold foil over and refrigerate at least one hour.

Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.

Place the wrapped rack of ribs, meat side down, on a foil lined sheet pan (for easy cleanup) and braise the ribs in the oven for 3 hours, until very tender. Remove from oven.

Preheat broiler.

Arrange rib rack on broiler pan. Brush on sauce of your choice (I always use my homemade barbecue sauce). Broil for 3 to 5 minutes, depending on your broiler heat, until sauce is cooked on and bubbly.

NOTES

I think these almost defy description. They are everything rolled into one - spicy, smoky, sweet, savory - yet still cohesive. I've been making these ribs for 3 years (and they've gotten spicier over the years... go figure) and I would say they are permanent in this house.  Only change I will make in the future is, when I finally have a grill again, I will char them on the grill the last few minutes instead of broiling.

Popular posts from this blog

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.