New England Clam Chowder

It's still soup weather here in North Central Montana and I'm making the best of it!

I knew I wanted soup for dinner the other night, but couldn't think of what kind to make, so I do what any normal person would do in that circumstance and went to the Internet! It wasn't long before I found the perfect thing... New England Clam Chowder. 

I wanted to make bread bowls to serve it in, so went to my favorite baking site King Arthur Flour for this recipe. Although the recipe calls for using sage and thyme, I left it out and made a plain dough. The bread bowls were good, but a very soft bread. Next time, I'll make a more crusty bread.

If it's still soup weather where you live, I hope you'll give this a try! 

PRINT RECIPE


New England Clam Chowder
1 T bacon grease
¼ red onion, finely diced
2 small stalks celery, finely diced
½ cup white wine
1 (8 oz) bottle clam juice
2 (6.5 oz) cans minced clams (do not drain)
2 medium red potatoes, ½” dice
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp dried parsley
3 T flour
2 c Half & Half

Put bacon grease in a saucepan and heat. Add onion and celery and sauté for 5 minutes. Add wine, clam juice, clams, potatoes, pepper and parsley. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes. Mix flour with Half & Half. Add to pan and bring to a gentle boil. Continue to cook about 5 minutes until chowder has thickened.

Popular posts from this blog

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.