the weekend!

i had a fantastic weekend, full of baking heaps of gingersnaps, indulging in the best squash soup ever {at four cafe in eagle rock for those of you who live nearby}, making beautiful christmas & hanukkah music with the mr., and shmoosing with my fellow therapists at the holiday party for my professional organization {there's really no warmer, safer, or friendlier place than a party full of therapists}.

saturday was free museum day for bank of america customers {the only benefit of such an evil empire}, so the mr. and i headed over to the LACMA {my first museum trip since moving to los angeles}.
i absolutely LOVE museums! there's just something about being surrounded by creativity, history, and such deep emotions. i always feel enriched and inspired after a trip to a museum. the LACMA has a great collection, so i was in art heaven!


my favorite piece was this massive, curved steel, labyrinth installation by richard serra ~ just beautiful!


and of course, we had to have some fun with the lanterns out front.


we had a great time, but it sure made me miss my de young and SFMOMA back home. i'm hoping i'll get to visit the MOCA soon {which just might give my favorite sf museums a run for their money}. and! we found out that the tim burton exhibit is coming to the LACMA this summer, which i'm completely over the moon about!

do you have a favorite museum, art genre, or exhibit?

Popular posts from this blog

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.