Stroke Me, Stroke Me

"Please touch gently, with one or two fingers only.  And remember, any animal that has a mouth can bite, so don't touch them by their heads."  

This is what the animal expert from the zoo told the children at one of our branch libraries this week.  She needn't have worried about me touching them the wrong way, because I had no intention or desire to touch the creatures she brought with her.


A representative from an area children's zoo came to one of our branch libraries this week to present a program on the classification of animals.  




She brought along some creatures for the kids to see and pet if they so desired.  It was my job to take pictures of the event.  

I'd much rather be holding a camera than an African Millipede, thank you very much.


I'm not particularly fond of having a Red Rat Snake wrapped around my arm either. (I noticed she had a bandage on her thumb.  I couldn't help but wonder if that was the result of an animal bite.) 


When I took these pictures, I had my camera focused mostly on the animal she was holding,  Afterwards looking at the pictures on the computer screen, I was amused by the different expressions on the faces of the kids who were watching.



Popular posts from this blog

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg