City Orchestra Performs at the Ice Rink (Truly Grateful Series)

I wrote about the City Orchestra that has recently formed in my little town a few days ago and showed pictures of their performance in the atrium at the hospital.  

They had their second performance last night.  It was originally scheduled to be held on the courthouse square in the gazebo there, but thunderstorms had been rolling through our area most of the afternoon, so the concert was moved to the ice rink instead so that it would be under cover in case more rain came through.  The City Orchestra was to perform first and then the City Band.  

This picture was taken before the concert began.  Some of the musicians are still arriving and those in the audience are trickling in with their lawn chairs to set up in the rink to listen to the performance.




They are starting to warm up in this picture.  That's my son with his bass standing there in the center of the picture.


They are still getting set up here.  This gives you a better view of the number of performers in the orchestra.


The ice rink is filling up quickly with spectators.  The gentleman here in the red shirt is in his 90's.  He is the director of the City Band which is to play when the orchestra is finished.  He's been the City Band Director here for as long as we have lived here plus many years before that, although I don't know for sure how many.  We've lived here for almost 21 years now.  He is much loved and well respected in our town.


The whole ice rink is filling up.  Looks like the orchestra is going to be playing to a packed house tonight.






The music begins and everyone settles in to listen.  The orchestra sounds great and is a big hit with the crowd.

My son is smiling at the crowd's reaction to their performance.  It was a little dark in the ice rink so this picture didn't turn out very well, but I like it anyway because he's smiling.

He has noticed that I am in the crowd and that I'm taking pictures, so he flashes a smile my way...a smile for Mom. 


Another couple of shots of the crowd as the music begins.  The orchestra has their full attention.



After playing several songs, the orchestra finishes to a standing ovation.  The crowd appreciated their hard work and enthusiastically showed how much they enjoyed the music.

Yes, I did take some videos of the performance, but I haven't uploaded them off the camera yet.  I love my job at the library, but working full time hours sure cuts into my blogging time. HA!  It takes quite a while to transfer the videos to the computer and then from the computer to Youtube before I can post them here, so I'll have to post them another day.  

Needless to say, I really enjoyed the concert and am so pleased that they had a good turnout with the crowd.  I'm glad they played well and that the audience showed their appreciation for their hard work too.

Lord, for music, for people working together to bring joy to others, and for this wonderful little town where I live, let me be truly grateful.

Popular posts from this blog

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg