Went to see Dog Pound









June 28, 2010. Went to see Dog Pound (Kim Shapiron, 2010) with R. Throughout the movie I was thinking, my God, this is such a ripoff, it's totally lifted from Scum (Alan Clarke, 1979), which I saw in the UK three decades ago. At times I told myself, well, this is what (cruel) life in such correctional facilities is like, so of course it reminds me of Scum. And basically I found it all extremely well-filmed, gripping and everything. A good movie. A good American movie made by a little Frenchie! And finally, reading the end credits when all the other members of the (strictly male, interestingly) audience had left, I saw "based on Scum." There you go. My cinematic memory is really good, isn't it? Adam Butcher is particularly striking as (non-tradionally butch) Butch.

Popular posts from this blog

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg