Back Home From String Camp

My son spent last week at Orchestra String Camp.  He had a great time!  We got to hear him play in both a chamber concert and an orchestra concert last weekend before we brought him home.  I didn't take these pictures. They were shared with me by a friend.  This is a group shot of the campers.  My son is in the next to last row, second from the right side.  His girlfriend is next to him on the left.




I thought this was a pretty picture of the musicians on the stage.  My son is at the far right side in the back, second from the end, playing an upright bass.




I really like this last photo.  My son is in the middle here.




He is keeping busy this summer.  He is tutoring three younger orchestra students on the bass.  He has also been asked to play his bass in the orchestra pit of the community theater group's summer production of Oklahoma.  He played with the high school pit orchestra for their performance of South Pacific earlier this year, but this will be his first time playing for the community theater group.  He is excited about it and looking forward to it.


He has also been taking driver's education classes this summer.  He has one more class to go.  Then he has to finish getting all his practice driving hours in (Ohio requires 50 hours in order to get a license.)  After that he will have to pass the driver's test.  For being on summer vacation from school, he is keeping a pretty full schedule.

Popular posts from this blog

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg