Went to see Percy Jackson...




February 24, 2010. Went to see Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lighning Thief (Chris Columbus, 2010). Columbus was the perfect director for that, obviously. Perfect for children and teenagers 7 to 17. What I don't get, though, is the reason behind all those changes in the script (I mean, differences with the novel). Scriptwriter Craig Titley, what were you thinking? Most of them are totally gratuitous! They don't film better, they don't make for more visual / special effects; they're just useless, and are sure to perturb a great many young readers. The only one I vaguely approve of is the Medusa scene: of course, with those changes Chris Columbus was able to hire divine Uma Thurman and make her LanaTurner half the thing then camp up the second half to my intense delight.

Popular posts from this blog

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg