Happiness

 Happiness

Early morning quiet,
a lemony-tangerine 
sunrise surprise,
orange pekoe 
steeping in a cup,
you watching me, 
with soft brown eyes.

You nuzzling my neck.
(if only in my mind)
Your words that make me laugh,
your words that are kind
 lift me up like a curtain
  in a warm spring breeze.
I know that you care.
Your presence is there.
Feelings I have for you
 make me weak 
in the knees.
 
 *   *   *   *   *

The poem above is my response to a tag from my good friend, Michelle, who writes the blog, Crow's Feet. She tagged me with the Happy 101 meme.  For this meme, I was supposed to list ten things that make me happy.  Instead of a list, I decided to put my thoughts into a poem.


If you'd like to write about the things that make you happy and continue this meme, please consider yourself tagged by me and take the logo above back with you to post on your blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg