Went to see Gainsbourg: Une Vie héroïque

January 27, 2010. Went to see Gainsbourg: Une Vie héroïque (Joann Sfar, 2010). I'm a huge Gainsbourg fan (a fan of the whole Gainsbourg / Birkin family, really), so I waited and waited, couldn't make up my mind to go see it. With biopics you never know. They can be so painful for diehard fans. If only because the casting is so often dreadfully misguided. My verdict is: if you manage as I did to see that this is actually an inspired poetic tribute, rather than a filmed biography with a tremendous sountrack, then you can thoroughly enjoy it. Some bits are truly original. Acting by Eric Elmosnino excellent. Plus I went thinking I was going to hate Laetitia Casta as Bardot, bracing myself, and found her amazingly good.

Popular posts from this blog

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg