Mexploitation Madness!

This year I have decided to dress up for Halloween (something I rarely do) as a luchador, complete with a nice mask, a suit and an old red briefcase I will use to carry spare masks in!

I'm already practicing being scary!



In honor of one of my go-to genres of film and pro-wrestling, lucha libre...

...inspired by my amazing choice in costume this year (ahem) and the luchador tattoo I have on my chest - designed by yours truly to resemble my own face (yep, I'm that vain)...

...because this month leads right up to El Dia De Los Muertos on November 1 and 2, a celebration both my wife and I have had long term fascinations with (at the very least the aesthetic of it all...

...because Mexican culture in general has been a great interest of mine for many many years...

...and well, fuck, because I just have an itching to watch some trashy Mexican cinema.....

I declare October MEXPLOITATION MONTH on Assorted Loaf.

Get excited

OK, are you done?

I hope it's not a stupid decision for me to jump into another theme once again, but I had a blast digging into Castellari's films last month, and while this will certainly not be as in-depth, it is not a region of film I am all that familiar with.

Obviously I will have a couple, maybe even a handful of lucha films, but I hope to cover a wide variety, but keeping it with the theme of my reviews here lately.

You know, culty trashy, fun.

Here's a peek at some stuff I may be checking out and reviewing in the near future. This is gonna be fun!









Popular posts from this blog

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg