Wild Huckleberry Muffins
This is my first post in three weeks! My gardener and I have been touring Montana (more on that in another post). We bought a pound of wild huckleberries from a roadside stand. My gardener thought they were a little pricey ($10/lb) but what the heck... we were on vacation and I wanted to try them!
If you go out to pick huckelberries in Montana, you'll have some fierce competition: BEARS! Wild huckleberries are a real treat to the bears... that's another reason I think these were worth $10/lb!
Here they are... beautiful dark purple huckleberries. A bit smaller than blueberries and more tart. These will be a perfect substitution for Mom's Blueberry Muffins.
Sift and add flour, baking powder, salt and sugar into some melted butter. Add an egg and milk and beat until smooth. Fold in huckleberries.
Fill paper-lined muffin tins and bake at 375F for 20 minutes.
