I Must Be Doing Something Right---Truly Grateful Series


My fifteen year old son had the index card pictured above pinned to the bulletin board in his bedroom. I don't know where it came from. It is not written in his hand writing. I don't know if it is something he got from school or church or youth group or from one of his friends or even something he just found somewhere. The fact that it is pinned to his bulletin board, though, means that it is something important to him.

It made me smile to see it there. His bulletin board is where he keeps little reminders to himself. Things like important dates for his music and sports events and other things he wants to remember are stuck there with little pushpins.

I've made a lot of mistakes in my lifetime, and it is guaranteed that I will make many more. I've made poor choices that I have lived to regret. I have made a mess of more things than I care to remember or count. When I see something like that little index card stuck to my son's bulletin board, though, it makes me feel like I must be doing something right, at least part of the time.


Lord, for little reminders that help point me in the right direction, please let me be truly grateful.

Popular posts from this blog

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg