First Morning Glory

My husband left very early Monday morning for his annual three day golfing trip with several of his friends. They go to a different golf course every summer at the end of July. This year they are visiting a golf course in Michigan.

Luckily for me, though, he left the camera behind for this trip. He will be too busy golfing to have time to take any pictures.

That made it possible for me to take this picture of the first bloom on my morning glories which appeared today
.

(The half eaten leaf below the bloom is compliments of my dog, Max, who has been chewing on them whenever he goes past.)


* * * * *

Sweet Morning Delight

I'm just a morning glory,
wanting to wrap you in vine hugs,
wanting to hold you close to me,
wanting to hold you tight.

Whispering my love for you,
through lips of soft pink petals,
wearing my hearts on my leaves for you,
sharing with you, sweet morning delight.



Popular posts from this blog

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg