Cotton Candy in the Sky

The males of my household traveled to Detroit for the day today to watch the Cleveland Indians lose yet again (gluttons for punishment), so I had the day to myself here at home.

This afternoon, I visited my Mom, did some reading, paid the bills, went shopping for a little while, and watched a little bit of TV (
I had the remote all to myself!!). I also went for a walk, as usual. It was a quiet day, but it passed by quickly.

I have just a few photos to share with you from over the weekend.




Friday night the sky was filled with cotton candy clouds. Every direction I looked I saw pink spun sugar up above me. It looks like there must have been a carnival going on in Heaven and the cotton candy machine was running amok. ;)






Saturday morning we had some much needed rain that helped green up the grass and washed the dust off of everything. The flowers looked bright and clean afterward.

These honeysuckle are growing in some one's yard about a block away from me. Attracted to the scent of the flowers, the bees were humming all around them. If you look closely at the photo below, you can see a bee crawling out of the center of one of the flowers.
(Click on the photo to enlarge it.)



These are still wet from the morning's rain as you can see on the petals.

I saw some strange looking fungus growing on the trunk of a tree in the park.


What?! Is it Christmas in July?

Oh. No, it's not Christmas.
Someone is having a garage sale and using a giant candy cane to hold the sign for it.

I saw this fire hydrant leaking water. There was a large puddle around it.

I might have to let my next door neighbors know about this.

Their son is our town's fire chief. Have I ever mentioned that I live in a small town? ;)

Today, I saw this crazy looking bearded guy in the clouds.
You can see him too, can't you?


I think I've seen this guy at the library. HA!

Popular posts from this blog

Blackened Scallops with Pasta

Animals

Jenny Mccarthy Pictures