There is no crying in bathing suit shopping!


...or is there?

First of all, apparently one should not begin the search for a bathing suit at the end of June because trust me, there's nothing left. Secondly, why oh why do companies insist on using only 3 sizes for bathing suits? Women {at least all those over 25} have a wide variety of body shapes and sizes. We don't all magically fit into one of 3 sizes, especially when the thing we're trying to fit into is skin-fitting and will be seen by everyone!

I tried to find a bathing suit this past week, but to no avail. My last attempt was the worst. After squeezing myself into too many too tight suits I felt like heading immediately to an aerobics class,... or a bar, I hadn't decided which. It was depressing to say the least. Even for me, a pretty healthy young woman. I just kept thinking, "this is way too much money to spend on something that makes me feel so badly about myself!"

But what is the alternative? It's summer and I take periodic trips down to LA where it's hot and there are beaches. ...I guess I'm still searching for that great solution, but for now I just needed to vent.

Ladies of the world, you are not alone in your fitting room sob fests.

Popular posts from this blog

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg