Smiley Sunday---Oh Happy Day!

Tonight we attended a dinner prepared by the youth group members of our church for those who had sponsored their mission trip to Mississippi. My younger son was one of the youth team members who went on that trip and helped with tonight's dinner and presentation. After the dinner, they also gave a presentation about the things they did and learned on the trip.

They shared many stories about their experiences in Mississippi as well as showed a video of the many projects that they worked on while there. Along with stories of the spiders, snakes, lizards, and rats both dead and alive that they encountered while working there, there were stories of friendships made, problems faced and conquered through teamwork and cooperation, and the joy and sense of accomplishment they felt from being able to help those who were in need.

So I am smiling, not only because I didn't have to cook supper tonight, (although that alone is enough to make me smile) but because I enjoyed hearing about their trip. I am so proud of my son and the others in his group because they were willing and brave and generous enough to want to make a difference in this world we live in, and they wanted to do it in the name of Christ.

My friend Jen from the blog Unglazed last week made a comment which reminded me of the song "Oh Happy Day." So I wanted to post a video of that song to go along with this post.

I hope your Sunday was a happy day and was one worth singing about.





If you would like to participate in Smiley Sunday, click the badge below.

Smiley Sunday Ribbon

Popular posts from this blog

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg