Memorable Library Patron---Shot By a Jealous Husband

I worked at the library all day today as I do every Saturday. It was for the most part a usual day there, but I did have one particularly memorable library patron visit.

An older gentleman brought a couple books up to the desk to check out. I got his card and his items scanned for him and handed him back the books and the date due slip. As he took the books from me, he leaned over the desk and suddenly and unexpectedly gave me a very awkward bear hug across the counter.

Mind you, I know this man's name but only because it pops up when I scan his library card. I did recognize him because he does come to the library occasionally although not as frequently as many of our patrons do. I don't know him personally. I certainly wasn't expecting him to suddenly give me a hug.

Noticing my reaction, he laughed and said, "I always told myself when I was a young man that I wanted to get shot by a jealous husband before I turned the age of 80. Well, I've only got two years left to do that so I'm trying as hard as I can to get there."

Then he grinned a big ornery grin at me, told me to have a good day, and left with his books.

Well, gee whiz!! I just never know what is going to be coming at me in my day.


I hope that if any surprises come your way today that they are good ones.

Popular posts from this blog

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg