Snow Mountains

My Mom is no longer able to drive so I take her where she needs to go when she does, and I often run errands for her when she is unable to go with me. Today she was needing me to get her a few items from the grocery store. I took the camera along for the trip so you could go with me for the ride.

The red thing you see here is the top of a fire hydrant. It is nearly buried under the snow that has been piled at the side of the street by the snow plows.


This sidewalk has been cleared..... sort of.

Someone didn't get his or her car moved off the street before the plow went through.

They are going to need a shovel to get it out now.

Whoever parked on top of the snow here may end up with their back tires stuck when they try to drive out of that.

Piles of snow are at all edges of the parking lot at one of the local churches.



At many intersections, it is very difficult to see if any traffic is approaching before pulling out to turn because of the walls of snow at the corners.

At the grocery store and shopping center there are snow mountains from cleaning off the parking lot in every direction you look.










There is no one here at the Kmart Garden Shop looking to buy flowers or seeds to plant today.


On the other side of this snow mountain is a four-lane road. On the other side of that road is a Monro Muffler shop.....


and the local Wal-Mart.


Down at this end, you can just see the very corner of the Wal-Mart building.


After getting the groceries, I drive back through the neighborhoods to get to my Mom's house.

This is my Mom's house on the right---the white with brick trim.

Her sidewalk is cleared off pretty well except just at this end by the driveway where the snowplow keeps filling it up again.

A mountain of snow sits in front of my Mom's house from having her driveway plowed out.

When I arrive back home, the bottom edge of my car door scrapes against the snow piled at the side of the drive when I open it to get out of the car.

For those who are wondering, yes the icicles have returned. They were gone for just a short while, but they have returned now after this last snow fall that we had.

The sky was blue today and the sun was shining in spite of temperatures in the teens.

The icicles did sparkle in the sunlight, which was pretty.



The sun was just starting to set and there were pretty colors in the sky tonight as I took this picture looking out through my kitchen window.

Popular posts from this blog

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg