Seeking Refuge

For the last month or so, this sparrow has been roosting at night on the posts which support the awning over our side porch. Sometimes he is on one side and sometimes he is on the other. He is there by the time I get home from work at night, and he is still there in the morning when my son leaves for school. He disappears during the day and then reappears again in the evening.

I feel sorry for him out there. He looks so cold. I don't know of much to do for him though. He used to fly away whenever we went in and out of that door, but lately he has just been staying put. I guess he has decided that the cold is more of a threat to him than we are. I wrote a haiku poem about him.




Seeking Refuge

Under the awning--
a huddled bird seeks refuge
from winter's cold grasp
.



Popular posts from this blog

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg