Countdown to New Year's Eve

After moving from CA to MT last year and having to find room and a new place for everything, my answer to the annual question "What do you want for Christmas?" was "I don't want anything I can't eat or drink!"My beautiful daughter gave me a long-wished for paella pan, the appropriate rice and a can of smoked paprika. Yay! I've been wanting one of these pans for so long, but for some reason have put off buying one. Well, obviously I can't eat the pan, but I will gladly find a place for this beauty! And, I hope you will look forward to my posts about different paella recipes... I can't wait!

I'll be using some Pampered Chef spices in the future too... there is a Citrus & Basil Rub, a Smoky Barbecue Rub, and Jamaican Jerk Rub. If you're a Pampered Chef fan, you can find these spices here.

I would rather shop in a grocery store than anywhere else! I found a few items that I couldn't pass up. A few of my finds were the Maggi Chicken Flavor Buillon with tomato! I think that will make some yummy Mexican rice! Also, I'm a big Old Bay fan, but had never seen the Blackened Seasoning, so I picked up a can of that. And with all the cookie baking this month, I pretty much used up my whole nutmegs, so I bought some to replenish my stock. If you haven't used whole nutmeg, do consider buying some with a small grater... the flavor is so much better than the ground nutmeg you buy in a can!

And finally - a note about our traditional New Year's Eve Dinner. (This picture was our dinner last New Year's Eve.)

My gardener and I met just before Christmas in 2000. The next week, my sister invited us for dinner on New Year's Eve and we had live Maine lobster. We've made it a tradition every year to have lobster on New Year's Eve, but this year, in the middle of Montana, there are no live lobsters around!

I grew up in Massachusetts and have never eaten a frozen lobster tail... until... tomorrow. We bought some frozen lobster tails at Sam's Club, so we're going to give them a try. Stay tuned to see what this Native New Englander has to say about frozen lobster tail! Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised!

Happy New Year to all!

Popular posts from this blog

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg