The Best Things Happen While You're Dancing

At the library yesterday, someone came in asking for a book of fairy tales. When I hear the words "fairy tale," one of the first authors that comes to my mind is Hans Christian Anderson. I can remember reading many of his stories when I was young. Some of my favorites included "The Princess and the Pea," "The Ugly Duckling," and "The Emperor's New Suit."

Danny Kaye portrayed Hans Christian Anderson in a fabricated biography of his life in the movie of the same name. If you have never seen this movie, it is a fun one to watch with your family. I can remember watching and enjoying this movie many years ago. I especially liked and remembered a scene from the movie when Danny Kaye sings a song about Thumbelina.
Here's the Thumbelina scene to give you a glimpse of it.



Although Danny Kaye is singing in the above clip, he was also known for his dancing. Since I don't like to miss an opportunity to have some one dance on my blog, I thought you also might like this clip of Danny Kaye dancing to "The Best Things Happen While You're Dancing" from the movie White Christmas.




I hope the best things happen to you today while you're dancing through your day.

Popular posts from this blog

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg