Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls

I've made Stuffed Cabbage Rolls and love the flavor, but doubt that I'll ever make them again. Just too much fuss with having to boil the leaves, stuff the leaves, then roll the leaves.

I'd thawed some antelope burger and was trying to decide what to do with it for dinner. When I saw that Pam made Loose Savoy Cabbage Rolls, I got the half head of cabbage that was in the fridge and whipped this up in no time.

I made a few changes, based on what I had on hand. I really liked this dish. You get all the goodness of stuffed cabbage rolls with none of the fuss! Thanks, Pam for a great dish!


Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls
1-1/2# ground meat
1/2 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 T Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup uncooked rice
8 oz. canned mushrooms, drained
2 (14 oz) cans diced tomatoes
1 cup white wine
1/2 head green cabbage, sliced

Brown meat, onion, and garlic in a large skillet until meat is cooked. Add Worcestershire, rice, mushrooms, tomatoes, wine and cabbage. Put mixture into a large baking dish. Cover and bake at 350F for one hour until cabbage is tender and liquid has been absorbed.

Popular posts from this blog

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg