This was our Valentine dinner last night. I made this based on this recipe but instead of the combination of spices that make up the blackening seasoning it called for, I used Old Bay Blackened Seasoning . Much easier! I sauteed half of a shallot and 8 ounces sliced mushrooms in a mixture of butter and olive oil. I added two Roma tomatoes, chopped and a little white wine. Then, the scallops were rolled in the blackening spices and sauteed in butter 3 to 4 minutes per side in another pan. I served this over pasta and grated some parmesan cheese over it. My Valentine said it was delicious and I agreed!
Jennifer Ann " Jenny " McCarthy born November 1, 1972is an American model, comedian, actress, author, activist, and game show host. She began her career in 1993 as a nude model for Playboy magazine and was later named their Playmate of the Year. Jenny McCarthy then parlayed her Playboy fame into a successful television and film acting career. Most recently, she has written books about parenting, and has become an activist promoting the controversial claims that vaccines cause autism and that chelation therapy helps cure it - both claims which are widely unrecognized or disputed by the medical community. Jenny McCarthy was born in Evergreen Park, Illinois to a middle-class Catholic family of Polish and Irish descent. She lived in the West Elsdon neighborhood of Chicago. She is the second of four daughters; her sisters are named Lynette, Joanne and Amy. Her cousin is actress Melissa McCarthy of Gilmore Girls and Mike and Molly fame. Jenny McCarthy's mother, Linda, w...
For Pink Floyd, space has always been the ultimate escape. It still is, but now definitions have shifted. The romance of outer space has been replaced by the horror of spacing out. This shift has been coming for a while. There was Dark Side of the Moon and "Brain Damage," Wish You Were Here and the story of founding member Syd Barrett, the "Crazy Diamond." And now there's Animals, a visit to a cacophonous farm where what you have to watch for is pigs on the wing. Animals is a song suite that deals with subjects like loneliness, death and lies. "Have a good drown," they shout dolefully as you drop into the pit that is this album: "Have a good drown as you go down all alone/Dragged down by the stone ... stone ... stone ... stone ... stone ..." Thanks, pals, I'll try. It's no use. Like all Floyd records, this one absorbs like a sponge, but you can still hear the gooey screams of listeners who put up a fight. What's the problem? F...