Bitten by the BxH bug

Over the past couple months, I have built up what I feel is a well-rounded little Bounty Hunter collection. I sold off quite a bit of stuff (pretty much the rest of my Western collection save a few pieces) to fund it, and I am very glad I did now that I have everything in hand.
When I first got into Japanese vinyl, I have to admit I didn't get into these. Granted, I didn't give them much of a look as I was into solely the monsters and blobs and horrors that are new and vintage kaiju, but at a time when my tastes had moved from Western to Eastern style toys, these Bounty Hunter toys that really seem like a fusion of both styles did not speak to me.
After the initial dust settled and the kaiju buying spree slowed, I found my collection moving toward more cohesive little cells... aided by the separated shelved in the Detolf.
I had the vinyl wrestlers anchored by some sweet vintage Tiger Mask figures.
I had the strange beasts that I craved initially... now moving toward more smaller run, hands on style figures like Anaraku's Goga and the Bemon Pollution beast... as opposed to lots and lots of Hedorahs.
And I had the humanoid figures: two legs, two arms, no tail... Ultraman style. Strange monsters in suits and the monochrome Dada felt like a pretty unique facet of my collection.
As I tweaked these shelves and wrote about them in my blog here, I learned more of the history of these toys, the inspirations and the directions they had taken. That's when I came across the Kid Hunter. Here was a fusion of a campy cereal mascot and a pissed off punk rock kid.
And here is where it started for me. I really looked into Bounty Hunter at this point and had a new appreciation for the cleaner looks, the attitude, and the background.
So here is a photo of the new family. It is a great part of my collection now. It isn't everything that is out there by BxH, but it's a good sampling I feel and I am pretty proud of where it has gone.
I plan to do some reviews/blogs about all these figures in time, but for now enjoy the madness!


Popular posts from this blog

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg