If You Build It, They Will Come

Some of you who have been reading my blog a while will remember when I posted last September about part of our children's park, the Imagination Station, being burned down by arsonists.  




I'm happy to say that the park is being rebuilt this week and the workers are scheduled to finish the job tomorrow.  Here are some pictures I took last night of the progress that has been made.












I took more pictures tonight after another day's labor was done.  You can see that it is really taking shape now.  They accomplished a lot today.  Much more wood has been added, as well as the green slides.










I'm not sure what this part is going to be yet, but if they finish tomorrow as is planned, I will find out soon enough.  I am so happy to see this being rebuilt.  There are so many children who play on this playground who were upset by the damage done to it.  I'm glad the people of my town care enough about the next generation to know that it was important to make this right again.


*   *   *   *   *


Earlier this week we had some near record breaking high temperatures.  On my walk that evening, I noticed a few of the park buzzards sitting on the ground... 




 instead of up in their tree.






I thought that perhaps it was cooler down on the grass than up in the top of the tree.




I tried to get closer, but I wasn't very successful.  The three were quickly down to just one.



And then in the next instant, it too flew away back to the treetops.

Popular posts from this blog

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.