FUNNY: R.I.P. to what was thought to be an original idea

I recently encountered a hilariously demoralized epiphany on Facebook and had to post it here.

While chilling out on a Friday morning, before getting ready to head into the city of Chicago to meet some family to see Cars 2 at the AMC River East 21 downtown, I threw on some old He-Man and the Masters of the Universe cartoons as some background filler via instant streaming on Netflix.  To my wide-eyed delight, I got to the end of the episodes and saw their episode recap "life lessons."  HOW DID I FORGET ABOUT THOSE??!!  If you don't remember, here are two great compilations:



Just when I thought my movie blog, "Every Movie Has a Lesson," outlining the life lessons one can learn from any movie stemming from my background as an elementary school teacher, I was blasted by that.  Too funny!  Like I said, I have no idea how I didn't remember those hilarious He-Man episode recap lessons.  I, like many boys-now-men of my age, worshiped He-Man (and his tan, for this pasty pale Irishman).  I guess I'm following good company, despite my initial laughter of feeling like a rip-off.

To further rub salt into the hilarious wound, a Facebook friend piled on from He-Man with the "...and knowing is half the battle" lessons at the end of G.I. Joe cartoons!  If you don't remember those either (just like I didn't), here are some examples:




AAAAARRRRHHHH!!!  Double rip-off!!!! I might have to get a new act or at least change the logo. This movie review blog has been cheating on two of my childhood loves.....  NAH!  Be a teacher and stick with it, Don!

Popular posts from this blog

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.