Panko Pork Chops


Panko Pork Chops

Ingredients

1 pound boneless pork loin chops (4 thin chops)
Kosher salt
1/4 cup flour
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup panko
1/2 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1/4 cup finely chopped parsley or sage or rosemary or thyme or any combination thereof
Extra virgin olive oil

Method

Put the flour in one shallow dish, the egg in a second and the panko, Parmigiano-Reggiano and herbs, evenly combined, in a third. Season the pork chops with Kosher salt on both sides. Dredge the chops in flour, shaking off excess, coat with the egg, then press into the seasoned panko to coat.

Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat with enough extra virgin olive oil to coat the bottom. When the oil is shimmering, add the chops and fry for about 5 minutes, or until the bottom is deep golden brown. Flip the chops over and cook for another 5 minutes. Transfer the chops to a paper towel lined plate and let rest for a minute or two to soak up the grease.

Squeeze a bit of lemon over the top and serve.


NOTES

Can someone please tell me why (WHYYYYYY??!?!?) did I wait so long to discover the awesomeness of panko? All those years I lost...

Anyway, this is another household favorite. It's one of a very few meals that fill "open space" on my menu planning for the week. When I don't want to think too hard, or when I don't want to decide on a new recipe to try to fill in a dinner slot, this is one that will get penciled in.

And I can honestly tell you that it is one I don't tire of making and eating. These chops are fantastically delicious every single time. A guaranteed slam dunk.

Popular posts from this blog

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.