Went to see Hereafter


January 23, 2011. R and I went to see Hereafter (Clint Eastwood, 2010). I worshipped Clint in his spaghetti western days. I admired him as a director on many occasions (The Bridges of Madison County, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, Mystic River, Million Dollar Baby), but this movie is a failure, I regret to say. Very uneven indeed. Some passages are well-filmed and gripping (notably at the beginning), at other times I looked at my watch. The British passages are more convincing than the French passages that totally lack verisimilitude (the Mitterand discussion is ludicrous). Nice seeing Matt and Cécile, though.

Popular posts from this blog

408 cheytac vs 50 bmg

Suddenly an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof. He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.